Monday, July 29, 2013

Magellan 2013: Black Canyon, NM

Currently Listening to: Up In The Air-30 Seconds to Mars
Miles Traveled: 1,951.3
Current Location: Black Canyon, NM

I walked to the Santa Fe Plaza this morning to see all the shops and walk around Santa Fe and check out some more art galleries and museums.  I saw a bunch of watercolor paintings of the Santa Fe terrain and it was beautiful.  I will definitely be experimenting with that when I get back.  I ate lunch at a little restaurant and discovered my new love: prickly pear lemonade.  It’s probably the most amazing thing about this trip so far.  I even talked to my mom about learning to make it…  It was glorious.

After that, I went to Black Canyon to set up my campsite.  It’s only about seven miles from downtown, and so I can drive in whenever I want to, and come out here to hike and sleep.  As I was setting up my tent, it started to downpour, and I ended up setting up a little bivouac site to keep all my stuff dry, as well as the tent.  It’s actually pretty nice and quiet here and there aren’t a lot of others around.  I’m going to read a bit, drink my hot tea that I just made, and then try to sleep.  Tomorrow is a new day.


Also, there’s no cell service here, which means no setting up my little iPad hotspot for my laptop, which means these posts are going to be posted the next morning when I get into AT&T service.